It can be helpful to have a backup copy of your WordPress website. Then you can easily restore it or move it a new server either on your own computer or at a new web hosting service. The easiest way to accomplish this may be using one of the following WP plugins. The one I’ve had the best success with is Duplicator.
However, it is also possible to backup a WP site manually. The following documentation is based on information found at https://www.5balloons.info/migrate-setup-live-wordpress-site-localhost/ and https://www.wpexplorer.com/migrating-wordpress-website/.
- Backup your WordPress Website Files
- Login to your web host’s cPanel (or PLESK) where you will click on File Manager. Select all the files in your site’s folder and then Compress them.
- Download the compressed file to your computer.
- Export your Live Website Database
- From your web host’s cPanel main screen launch phpMyAdmin
- Select your WordPress live site database from the left navigation area
- Choose Export option from the top navigation menu.
- Leave the defaults as they are and click on Go to download the sql file of your live site.
The next step is to move the files you backed up to the new server.